Electronic Love, My Printmaking Final

Finals are over! I am so happy to say my junior year is now behind me. It was a lot of work for me to get through to the end but I was actually really happy with the work I turned out. My printmaking final project was the most work, but also the thing I am most proud of. It took a LOT of work and man hours to complete. 


I started by using my own photos, and creating drawing based off them. Two larger drawing were then carved into plastic to make dry point etchings. Then each of those had two layers of screen printing done over them, followed by water color.


Smaller pieces are solar plate prints, which I made by drawing onto glass with special lithogrpahy crayons and then using a light exposure unit. Those also got water colored and silk screened, and I added some drawing and text. 
The smallest pieces I made by hand frosting glass, water coloring it, printing them onto paper and then drawing on the resulting design. 


I got an A on the project and my professor said it was the best work I had done. It also had given me some great ideas for work moving forward. 


Comments

Popular Posts